Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I was on my way to class this morning and the sun was shining brightly through my car windows. I was suddenly struck by how awesome God is. Occasionally, and at very random times I get hit with a blast of God's coolness and it is overwhelming to say the least. As I was driving along the interstate, I noticed how green the trees and the grasses were. The sky was the perfect shade of blue. It was warm and sunny out and I was just praising God. There are things in this world that are so amazing that you just need to stop and take it in for a while. Looking at the beautiful day outside, I wonder how people can even question the existence of a creator. The Big Bang Theory is crazy. I have seen things go "bang" and the end result looks nothing like what I saw today! The theory that we crawled out of some primordial sludge...I have seen that under a microscope and believe me... it is not so pretty or creative. God it the ultimate creator and I would love to get a peek inside his imagination. He and I are not always on such happy terms. In fact, most of the time I am wondering where he is or if he even cares. But, then I have a day like today. A day where God shows me that he is always right here and that he does care. Most of the time, being the imperfect human being that I am, I want thing fixed RIGHT NOW! And God, being the ULTIMATE God that he is, knows better. Tomorrow I will be grumpy again, and have another problem that I want God to fix "right now" and will have completely forgotten my insights of today. But for now I am very happy to be basking in the glow of God's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment